JIRA source tab: display order of fisheye and commits

Helen August 29, 2013

We have JIRA, FishEye+Crucible, and Stash installed. Stash is hosting our git repo.

On the source tab in JIRA, we can see all our commits followed by the fisheye source changes (including the 'create review for all commits' button). Is there any way to swap the order of these? On an issue with a lot of commits, the developer needs to scroll down a long way to get to the create review for all commits button; in the interest of useability, I'd like that button to be at the top of the source tab.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AafrinA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2014

Hi Helen,

In the Jira Version 6.1 the create review for all commits button is already placed on top of all commits as shown in the screenshot here.

If you are using older version, It is possible to do the Jquery DOM manipulation but will be little complicated. You need to find the form dom element by name (createIssueReviewForm) as shown in the sample code below and the reposition it by adding the css on the fly.

<div class="aui-item">
            <form name="createIssueReviewForm" action="http://it-pc:8060/cru/create" method="post" class="create-review-form">
                <input type="hidden" name="title" value="JTP-1: Test New Feature Issue">
                <input type="hidden" name="description" value="Test New Feature Issue">
                                                    <input type="hidden" name="csid" value="//Subversion/13">
                                    <input type="hidden" name="csid" value="//Subversion/12">
                                <button class="aui-button" onclick="document.createIssueReviewForm.submit()">
                    Create review
                                            for all 2 commits
                                    </button>
            </form>
        </div>

Another option would be to update the JIRA to the latest version.

Helen February 5, 2014

Thanks very much. I can't view the screenshot (blocked site at work!), but I trust you :) I will recommend we upgrade in the near future.

Suggest an answer