JIRA 7 Server - Disable Activity Stream on profile

chriske April 11, 2019

Hi there,

I want to disable the ActivityStream add-on on every user's profile page. I already found some workarounds with the template files in the installed JIRA directory, but those answers aren't working on JIRA7. Can somebody tell me how can I do it with this version? I don't want to go through every template manually :) Also I don't want to disable the whole plugin at all.

Thanks in advance,

Krisztián

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2019

Hi Krisztián,

I understand that you're using Jira Server and you would like to prevent your users from seeing anything in the activity stream located in their user profiles.  But that you don't want to completely disable the activity stream plugin/gadgets as these could be used in other locations such as dashboards in Jira.

I found a way that you can do this in Jira Server, (sorry Jira Cloud, this method won't work for you).  In my case, I hacked together a pretty simple javascript and placed this in the announcement banner.  My code looks like this:

<!-- script that removes activity stream from user profiles -->
<script type="text/javascript">
AJS.toInit(function(){
AJS.$('#activity-profile-fragment').remove();
});
</script>

It might not be the most elegant solution, but I found that this does still preserve the activity stream functions in my dashboard, while removing all this content from the user profile pages.  I also tested this against a Jira 8.0.2 version.  I suspect this version is very similar if not the same element names in many recent Jira 7 versions.  If this doesn't work for you, please let me know what specific Jira version you are using here and I can try to investigate deeper here.

Cheers,

Andy

Suggest an answer