JIRA 6.1: OfBizDelegator does not search by key

Volodymyr Krupach December 12, 2013

I am a developer of JIRA plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.romexsoft.worklogcal.jira-worklogcal
And there I have a code that performs search with com.atlassian.jira.ofbiz.OfBizDelegator by issue key. The code started to work incorrectly in JIRA 6.1 - 6.1.4. It returns empty list of issues when some issues are expected.
When I comment the EntityExpr for the key, list of issues is returned but all they have key field as null. Interesting is that when I iterate through the issues and invoke gi.getString("key"); I get the correct issue key.

List<EntityCondition> exprs = new ArrayList<EntityCondition>();
exprs.add(new EntityExpr("key", EntityOperator.LIKE, issueKey.toUpperCase()));
exprs.add(new EntityExpr("project", EntityOperator.IN, projectIds));
exprs.add(new EntityExpr("status", EntityOperator.NOT_EQUAL, IssueFieldConstants.CLOSED_STATUS));
List<GenericValue> issues = ofBizDelegator.findByCondition("Issue", new EntityConditionList(exprs,
EntityOperator.AND), null, Arrays.asList("id"));
if (issues.size() > 0) {
for (GenericValue gi : issues) {
String test = gi.getString("key");
}
}

The problem appeared in JIRA v.1.6.1. So I assume that there were some changes in JIRA v.1.6.1 that caused the OfBizDelegator to work incorrectly.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
mlassau_atlassian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2013

JIRA 6.1 included changes to how issue keys are stored in the DB in order to support the ability to edit project keys.

The details are in https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Preparing+for+JIRA+6.1under the "Database changes for the Edit Project Key feature" section.

There was some code added to make the GenericValues be able to respond to getString("key") in a backward compatible way, but this obviously didn't extend to searching.

You are going to have to change your code to search on the projectId and the new "IssueNumber" column in JIRA 6.1 and higher.

Volodymyr Krupach December 19, 2013

Thank you!

For JIRA 6.1 and higher I adjuysted the code to search by number:

exprs.add(new EntityExpr("number", EntityOperator.LIKE, autocomplIssueNumb));

Suggest an answer