Issue Is Not Assigned To The Correct User

Goutham March 12, 2013

Hi,

I have imported few projects from Source instance to Target instance in JIRA. All the issues, custom fields, workflows etc have been succesfully imported. The thing is that for few projects evrything went fine but for another few projects the ASSIGNEE field is being shown as UNASSIGNED in Target instance, even though the issues are being assigned to different users in the Source instance.

Thanks In Advance,

Goutham..

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2013

Did the assignees in the target project have the "can be assigned issues" permission? If they can't be assigned, I suspect the import won't let you set them as assignee.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2013

OK, and is the user list definitely valid? And the user doing the import has "assign issue" rights?

Goutham March 12, 2013

Hi Nic,

Thank you for the response. But I have already given that permission. But still I'am facing the problem.

Thanks & Regards

Goutham..

0 votes
codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2013

Please be sure that your Jira License has the number you need for your users! Otherwise the users are not active and con not assigned. I had have the same problem and this was the reason...

Goutham March 12, 2013

Hi Mathias

Thanks for the respone.. :) I'am working on Evaluation License...

Thanks & Regards,

Goutham,

Suggest an answer