Issue Detail: Commits vs Source

Sven August 21, 2013

Hey Guys,

I have connected Jira with our Stash Installation so the stash commit history appears within the "Source"-Tab. But there is another Tab "commits" I do not really understand. When I open it, Jira provides me connecting it with Stash/Bitbucket/Fisheye (We are already connected with stash!). What means this Tab anyway and - if I don't need it - how can I disable it?

Best,

Sven

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2013

The Commits tab in JIRA is meant for integration with GitHub or BitBucket and this tab comes as part of the DVCS Connector plugin which is bundled with JIRA.

The Stash integration is meant to show the data only in the 'Source' tab. At the moment the Commits tab wrongly shows a reference to Stash which we are getting corrected as part of https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/DCON-342.

If your users are getting confused with the Commits tab, you can disable it by following the below steps:

1. Navigate to Manage Add-ons
  2. Switch to system plugins
  3. Look for DVCS plugin
  4. Disable the DVCS plugin
  5. Verify that the Commit tab is gone
1 vote
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2013

Hi Sven,

The tab "Source" is used to Fisheye integration. The new "Commits" is used by DVCS connector to show commits from Bitbucket/Stash.

Lucas Lima

belitex November 7, 2013

But after connecting Jira and Stash, the commits infomation only shows under the "source" tab , just as Sven K said.

Emre Y. Okur April 27, 2015

Agree with tianxiang! Stash commits are only shown under "Source" tab.. How can we activate commits tab.

Suggest an answer