Is there a way to update value of a field without recording the change in history?

salman_kagzi September 8, 2014

I have a field which holds aggregated value of some fields in its linked issues. This field is updated whenever the linked issue is modified by executing an SIL script on the issue update event.

SIL script triggered on the update event calculates the new values and update the field on the linked issue. This setup works fine, except for the fact that in large projects we end up getting lot of activity which say "the XYZ field was updated to ABC". This confuses the user as they are not aware that the background process update this value and raises lots of questions.

Thus my question, is there a way in SIL to change or set value of an attribute without having an activity recorded for it?

1 answer

0 votes
Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2014

Hi,

We don't have anything like this and personally, I don't think it will be added. That's because JIRA seems to go in the 'better Audit logs' direction, so even if it'd be possible at the moment to do it, in the near future the API without history changes will be removed. If you really don't like some history activities, you can hide it with a little bit of Javascript. We have the lfExecuteJS routine, it should be enough to make the unnecessary activities disappear.

Best regards,

Silviu

Suggest an answer