Is there a way to turn off the Suggestions / Tips that pop up all over the UI?

Mike Schultz September 21, 2022

The UI is constantly popping some sort of Suggestion or Tip bubble in the UI.  Every time I go to Jira or Confluence to do something I have to clear these suggestions/tips. They usually appear in the lower left corner, but sometimes in the upper and lower right corners too.  This is happening in Jira and Confluence.  It even happened here on the community page.

I've attached an example from Jira and one from the community page.

jira1.jpgjira2.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2022

@Mike Schultz 

In order to disable product suggestions, as a Jira administrator, please go to Cog icon > System > General configuration.

At the bottom of the page, there is an option called Turn off product recommendations, so click on it and you will be redirected to another page to confirm it. 

Mike Schultz September 22, 2022

One has to be a Jira Administrator to do this?   Individual Jira Users cannot do this?

Like Jeff Lomax likes this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2022

Yes

Mike Schultz September 26, 2022

This is suboptimal way feature design, but thank you for the information. 

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2023

@Brant Schroeder Where do I configure this in Confluence Cloud?

Like # people like this
Jeff Lomax August 1, 2023

All users MUST be able to turn this horrible things off.   Is there a Chrome Extension to get rid of them?

Like # people like this
Sebastian Lutter August 7, 2023

Atlassian's Jira platform is incessantly perturbing my equilibrium with superfluous ephemera pertaining to product-related tidings and commercial fluff. How can I disable that?

Like # people like this
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 7, 2023

@Sebastian Lutter 

See Brant's original response, to which you have responded.

In order to disable product suggestions, as a Jira administrator, please go to Cog icon > System > General configuration.

At the bottom of the page, there is an option called Turn off product recommendations, so click on it and you will be redirected to another page to confirm it. 

If you are not the Jira Administrator you will need to contact that person for your Jira instance to ask for this.

Pete Elmore
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 16, 2024

This should obviously be a per-user setting:  these may be helpful for new users, but people that have been using Jira for years do not need tips or suggestions.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events