Is there a way to get a list of Issue that were ever in a particular status?

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2014

Our workflow has a status of "QA Final" from which an issue can transition to "QA Final Passed" and "QA Final Failed." Naturally, all issues don't go through the failed step. Nor do they end up there, because they get fixed, go back to "QA Final" and eventually pass.

The fact that the issue was once in the failed status is in the transition log.

I would like to get a list of the issues that were ever in the "QA Final Failed" status.

How can I do this?

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2014

Hey George,

You should be able to use the WAS operator to find those issues using JQL. Your query would be something long the lines of:

status WAS "QA Final Failed"

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2014

Yes! That works.

Now, is there a way to pull out the DATE it went into that status?

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2014

Not sure whether it's possible through JQL, but using plugin you can get it on issue view screen and then through JQL -

https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JMCF/JIRA+Misc+Custom+Fields#JIRAMiscCustomFields-transitiondatefield

Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2014

I don't know if there is a way to find out the date that the status changed in using JQL. You can restrict your query to find changes based on the date though.

• AFTER "date"
  • BEFORE "date"
  • DURING ("date1","date2")
  • ON "date"
1 vote
George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2014

Thank you Jeff and Tarun. Jeff, your first "status WAS" answer was perfect. If I want to get dates, then I think Tarun's will work for that. I already have the plugin.

0 votes
Luther Hargrove
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2014

I would do this through SQL. If you have access to the SQL database you can write a qeury to show issues that have ever had a history of 'QA Final Failed' as a status.

Suggest an answer