Is there a way to add a custom field and configure it to appear below the Description box?

Cathy O-Connell March 5, 2019

I'd like to create an Acceptance Criteria field that would be an open text box, similar to, and appearing below the Description field in the main part of issue screen. When I add it, it automatically appears on the right side with a very limited view. To make it easier for the team to view, I'd like it larger, in the main part of the screen. Is this possible? 

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Paweł Albecki March 5, 2019

It's not possible to have custom fields below the description. If you need your Acceptance Criteria below description, you can install some checklist app from the marketplace. I can recommend you Multiple Checklists for Jira. Unfortunately, it does not offer an open text box view.

1 vote
Cathy O-Connell March 5, 2019

Thank you! We actually found an alternative we like, using a checklist plug-in. We are adding Acceptance Criteria as a template checklist and that appears in the main body of the issue, fully visible, and allows the team to check off criteria as they complete it.  Here is the link to their wiki with documentation:  https://gebsun-support.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/IC/overview

Jack Hunter [HeroCoders]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 6, 2019

Hello @Cathy O-Connell

Thank you for choosing Issue Checklist app.

If you have any questions or concerns, then just let us know here or through the email

We are happy to help and answer all the questions.

Sincerely,
Jack - on behalf of the Issue Checklist team :)

0 votes
Alina Kachan_Railsware_ March 5, 2019

Hi @Cathy O-Connell ,

You might also want to give Smart Checklist add-on a go for creating Acceptance Criteria, as well as many other useful lists (DoD, DoR, Release Instructions etc.) in the form of easily manageable checklists with intuitive UI. The add-on lets you move your lists to the center of issues and have them fully displayed and interactive when you need. 

Suggest an answer