Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there a way to add Web link (Remotelink) using Automation for Jira

My goal is to add to each story a link that developers can use as a resource.
I want to accomplish this by using automation for Jira App and I think my struggle is to find out what is going to be the JSON payload that I should use to make this happen.

Any idea?

Appreciate guys!

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Joao,

Unfortunately this isn't supported yet: https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-176

It will probably be a while before we can get to implementing this.

Cheers,
Andreas

Thanks anyways.

Up vote. It's not pretty but if the link is consistent you can drop it in the description.

Yeap, that is what I will do as a workaround, but not what I was hoping :-) 

Appreciate the suggestion.

Like # people like this

Need it also to automate the document links based on the Component of the ticket. This should be a resource document for the dev. Need to manage it with the automation rules, no way we go ad a document each time a  new ticket is created

We had the same need on our side. As a workaround, we covered it this way:

we created a label custom field "application" (11352 below), with the confluence page id appended after the label name itself. I can't remember why we didn't use the components field though 

We created a text field "Confluence page(s)" (11357 below)

we created an automation where each time the "application" field is edited, the "Confluence page(s)" is overwirtten by adding links to pages formed this way:

{ "fields": { "customfield_11357": "{{#issue.customfield_11352}} https://<confluence base url>/wiki/spaces/<documentation space key>/pages/{{value.right(9)}} \n {{/}}" }}

way from ideal, labels are cluttered with pages ids, custom confluence link instead of built-in links, and links are "raw" (not displaying the page title) ... just a workaround

Like Nadiya Torous likes this

We used the solution proposed by Etienne Borella, it helps a lot, just as you said the link to the page is displayed as URL not an embedded Confluence link, still a good workaround

How can I upvote this to indicate our desire for Atlassian's JIRA development team to prioritize this feature?  Our team would like this implemented sooner rather than later?

This option in the Automation is needed because it allows connecting to knowledge resources such as Confluence directly while creating the new issue.

It is not only needed in Jira Service Management, but it is also needed in all Jira projects:

- add Link to Confluence page

- add Link to PDF File

- add Link to the online registration form

- and many others

Is there a chance to put this feature request back on the roadmap? :)

Thanks a lot. Dimitri

Need it also to automate the document links based on the Component of the ticket. This should be a resource document for the dev. Need to manage it with the automation rules, no way we go ad a document each time a  new ticket is created

I would upvote too! And why is this solved?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

156 views 2 14
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you