Is there a way I can see what issues have been added or removed from a sprint on a given day?

David Du Buron October 19, 2015

We have a customer who wants a daily report/query of activity of items being moved in a out of a sprints or back into the backlog for their project. I don't know why, but this is what I was told as an Admin. I responded with a jql query of "project = <PROJECT> and updatedDate > startOfDay()" and then you could sift through to see what actually changed on the Activity tab (for today at least, it wasn't a huge list), but I got some push back on that. Is there a more precise way of doing this? Basically see not only WHEN it was last updated, but filter on WHAT was updated within a certain date range? Perhaps JIRA-Agile has a history feature I don't know about already where it shows just sprint related activity?

EDIT:
I was given a little bit more background information for the use case. As bugs are being found and prioritized, they're removing stories from the sprint to make room. They reason they want to know about this is the customer has a separate bug tracker on their side which they are trying to keep in sync with ours.

So every time an issue is added or removed they want to know about it. They also want this as a daily or possibly weekly report so they know the latest movements. It would probably also be acceptable if they just had a chronologically sorted list of every thing that was added or removed, but it would have to be sorted by when it was added or removed.

3 answers

0 votes
mybucketofcodeskreyes May 1, 2018

any answer on this one?

0 votes
Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2015

Try SQL for JIRA

The ISSUECHANGES table shows the activity of the issues (who did the change, when was it done, from old value to the new value, etc).

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2015

We have a customer who wants a daily report/query of activity of items being moved in a out of a sprints or back into the backlog for their project

Isn't this the Burndown chart? But of course, the Burndown chart does not filter by date.

This is the Burndown chart REST call:

You can do any post processing you want with that.

David Du Buron October 21, 2015

No, sorry for not being clear. They don't want issues CLOSED in the sprint, they want issues moved from the sprint to the backlog. Meaning they were removed from the scope of the sprint. I was also given some more information from my PM, I'll add it to the original question.

Like vasanth likes this

Suggest an answer