Is the Start Progress button a default in Jira (cloud instance)?

Bar T April 18, 2018

Been modifying workflow and I don't see "Start Progress" anywhere on the text or diagram view ,but it's showing up on my Jira ticket. Is this a default button? I also don't want it to show as default or in its current location...

2 answers

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2018

Kindly make sure that you publish the workflow.

Bar T April 19, 2018

Is there a way to not share the statuses (but I need to keep the names the same). I will check my publish now. Thanks.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2018

No, your status are a global list of objects that your workflow refers to on steps. 

You can't have duplicate status names because that would make the status ambiguous, and hence useless in terms of process tracking.

Bar T April 23, 2018

Sorry, not following. I double checked the active workflow used, I don't see "Start Progress" anywhere. The ticket itself still has a "Start Progress" button when a new one is created.

Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 8.08.29 PM.png

New tickets show Start Progress buttonScreen Shot 2018-04-23 at 8.13.19 PM.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2018

You are looking at a different workflow to the one that is in use on that issue, or the status that you see on the issue are not included in the area of your screenshot. 

I suspect the first one of these.

Bar T April 24, 2018

I double checked, went to the Project itself > Workflows> Diagram. The other lines do not "Start Progress" either, so I'm confused as to where it's getting that info and putting the button on the screen.

Bar T April 24, 2018

What I"m trying to do is modify workflows, is it safe to do so without impacting other Workflows in use if they use the same STATES (Steps) such as "In Dev" or same Transitions such as "Resolve"? Which one is shared globally?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2018

It's the same answer - the workflow in your diagram is not the one in use for your project.

As above, Status is a global list that all the workflows draw their status from.  To avoid affecting other workflows, you need to use status that are not shared with them (although the effects are down to changing a status name really.  Don't rename status and you're fine)

0 votes
Bar T April 18, 2018

Update: It looks like my "New" status is also used in another workflow or program and it goes out to "Start Progress". I modified to make them consistent but it didn't update (Still see Start Progress button).

Suggest an answer