Is it possible to search the history data of an issue, e.g. find old assignee's?

Shawn Kathol August 23, 2018

I want to query the list of issues that a particular person had been assigned for work, Even if that issue was assigned to somebody else when it finally was closed. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2018

Try something like this. of course replace my name. :-) You can leave off the first part if you want to include the ones the person is currently assigned.

assignee != jack.brickey and assignee was jack.brickey

Shawn Kathol August 23, 2018

I missed the "was" operand. So my query looks like

(assignee = name OR assignee was name)

Thanks Jack!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2018

You are most welcome. If your question is now resolved be sure to click the checkmark above to accept solution as it helps others when they have a similar question.

Shabba November 1, 2018

Would this also work for Custom fields?

We added a Top 20 field (over 2000 open issues creates a lot of noise) so Support can add Urgent issues into the 'Top 20' which focuses our Development efforts.

They add the Top 20 label, we investigate and assign back to  them as 'environmental' or similar, and eventually they take it out of the Top 20, and eventually close it themselves - I would like to track the total number of Top 20 issues we have dealt with - Regardless of Status - So even issues NOT marked as Top 20, but once were, I'd like to track...

Or am I pushing it?  I suppose I have to try I guess...

?; }

Suggest an answer