Is it possible to build a JQL query that would rank linked Zendesk tickets by their ticket count?

Leah Brindley April 22, 2021

We have a Jira-Zendesk integration running, and our support team will link Zendesk tickets for a common bug to one Jira ticket so we can track how many customers are running into the same issue. What I would like to do is create a Jira filter that will rank bugs that have linked Zendesk tickets in descending order. Problem is, I cannot seem to figure out what the appropriate thing, term, etc, to put in the JQL for the "Zendesk Support" custom field to pull that number of linked tickets into the query. Any ideas? 

3 answers

1 vote
Leah Brindley April 22, 2021

Thank you both for your answers -- I've already been able to filter for a list of Jira tickets with linked Zendesk tickets, what I would like to do is drill down to order the list by the amount of linked Zendesk tickets.

Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 5.02.03 PM.png

I tried the "Zendesk Ticket Count" field but it's not working, I checked the Zendesk community boards and apparently this information -- about using "Zendesk Ticket Count" to filter, is no longer up to date. 

Gal Bayer August 2, 2021

Hi Leah,

what did you use to count all linked tickets?

Like Deleted user likes this
jon.coon June 2, 2022

@Leah Brindley did you ever figure this out by chance?

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2021

@Leah Brindley,

I would assume this JQL would return all tickets with linked Zendesk tickets:

Project = <your project> AND "Zendesk Support" Is Not EMPTY 

You can add ordering, but you should also be able to just add the Zendesk Support column to the view in issue navigator and click on the column title to rank them.

Hope this helps!

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2021

I don't use ZenDesk, so take this feedback with that in mind. All I've done is some internet searching and looking at ZenDesk documentation.

It looks like ZenDesk integration adds a "Zendesk Ticket Count" field to the JIRA issue that keeps track of the number of linked Zendesk tickets. If you want to filter based on the value of that field then it looks like the field name is "Zendesk Ticket Count" as per this document:

https://www.zendesk.com/blog/jira-filters-to-see-zendesk-tickets/

Suggest an answer