In Jira Service desk I have created 2 projects, projectA user can also see projectB

mohd zakir November 11, 2018

In Jira Service desk I have created 2 projects. ProjectA and projectB, in projectA I have created users test1, test2, test3, and another project namely projectB in that I have created users test4, test5, test6,. When I am loging in Jira service desk  with test1 user I can see both project projectA and projectB, I want to restrict that user test1 should see only his project so, that he can raise any tickets in his project only.

I have done some permission staff as well, but still facing the same problem.

This is my test1 user view, he can see rest projects as well,

Screenshot_18.png

This is my permission scheme 

Screenshot_19.png

This is my Global permissions

Screenshot_20.png

Please let me know where I am wrong or missing with some permissions.

Thank you,

Mohd Zakir.

1 answer

0 votes
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2018

Hi @mohd zakir,

Could you please check "Create Issues" permission? It seems that test1 user has this permission for both projects.

*Project A/B -> Project Settings -> Permission Scheme -> Create Issues Permission

Tansu

Thank for the reply Tansu,

This is my Project permission scheme

Screenshot_21.png

Where should I have to edit?  In Create issues, project role is for Administrators.

Please let me know if you want to see others permissions as well.

Thank you.

This is my complete Exproject permission scheme

Screenshot_23.pngScreenshot_24.pngScreenshot_25.pngScreenshot_26.pngScreenshot_27.pngScreenshot_28.png

Now when I am logging with test1 user this user belongs exproject, he not able to see his project that is Exproject but he can view other projects.

Screenshot_29.png

I want him to view only his project not others.

Thank you.

Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2018

If the screenshot you provided belongs to Project A or B, than test1 user has project administrators role. So that, test1 can create issues in both projects.

You can edit from;

image.png

Default service desk create issue permission should be like below.

Project role

• Administrators
  • Service Desk Team
  • Service desk customer - portal access

-> Than, add users as customer depending on their projects.

So,

• test1, test2, test3 users can only create issue in project A as a customer.
  • test4, test5, test6 users can only create issue in project B as a customer.

Btw, please also check;

image.png

mohd zakir November 12, 2018

Tansu I did the same, But still same issue.

Could you please send me one complete project permission scheme. If possible.

And you said me to add users as customers right, to add users as customers first I need add them in Jira as user right? than adding that user as customers.

Performed this as well, still same problem.

If I am wrong anywhere please help me out.

Thank you.

Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 12, 2018

You can create user from User Management section. But you don't have to give application access for end-users because only agents need licenses.

Please also check this page to add customer;

customers.PNG

Related KB:

Also, permission overview.

mohd zakir November 12, 2018

Hi Tansu,

I have not given any application access for end-users while creating user, and  I gone through the URLs you provided me.

Still I am having the same issue.

Suggest an answer