Import several Projects from CSV

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2011

I added projects now i need to import several projects to already created using CSV

In the CSV there are some columns like Project Name, Assignee, Reporter,file attachement

but my question is how do i bind this imported project to existing ones using CSV

thanks

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2011

It's not clear what you have done from that. Two possibilities are:

1. You have data in CSV and have not imported it. Run the CSV importer, and select "project data is in CSV file", it'll then ask you explicitly to map projects from the data. See http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Importing+Data+From+CSV for the detail

2. You have imported stuff from CSV and your data is in new projects. In that case, move the issues to the correct projects.

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2011

thank you a lot

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2011

Hi Nic ,

I have another related problem

i am getting this error:

• Invalid project name Website: A project with that name already exists.
  • Invalid project key null: You must specify a unique project key, at least 2 characters long, containing only uppercase letters.
  • Invalid project key NBD: A project with that project key already exists.
  • Invalid project key MCAP: A project with that project key already exists.
  • Invalid project key DSSMAIN: A project with that project key already exists.
  • Invalid project name SSS Filemanager: A project with that name already exists.

I followed yor step and used "project data is in CSV file" while importing using CSV file

thanks for any suggestion

2 votes
abdul sittar August 10, 2011

there is an option while mapping CSV to existing project called Additionaly map this field .this checkbox is normaly infront of field when you import the CSV.By additionaly mapping/importing you can create new field as well if it is not representing Jira default fields

1 vote
abdul sittar August 10, 2011

You can import several projects from CSV file by using Jira import external projects utility.you have to attach one CSV file to one particular project in order to avoid errors.if u are importing CSV for new project then while importing CSV u have an option of create new project for this CSV.On the other way u can select existing project for CSV also .

0 votes
JustinA
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 22, 2011

I believe that multiple project import is achievable.

What is the version of the JIRA Importers plugin that you are using?

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 22, 2011

Hi Justin

i am using jira importer plugin 3.2 and i tried 2.7.6 Snapshot

JustinA
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 22, 2011

Okay, since this is the case, the importing should work correctly.

Here's the format for the CSV with multiple projects:

ProjectName,ProjectKey,Assignee,Summary,Description
"Test Project","TP","justin","Test Issue 01", "This is a test"

The example shows that I would like to import the line to a project Test Project with project key TP. You would then need to choose the correct fields for all these fields.

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 9, 2011

JIRA Command Line Interface allows you to import CSV directly into an existing project. See release notes .

Suggest an answer