I want to search those project which are created after some specific date in my JIRA.

RAJ SHANKAR SINGH March 7, 2018

1. I want to search those projects which are created on some specific date and want to check which one is not updated after that date through a script.

2. I don't know whether I use Powershell or java to write a script for JIRA.

3. I don't know after writing the script where or how do I run that script to fetch data that I required in Microsoft Excel sheet.

thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2018

I would recommend SQL query. Something like this should work ..

SELECT * FROM project WHERE key NOT IN (SELECT DISTINCT(pkey) FROM jiraissue WHERE updated > "your date")

RAJ SHANKAR SINGH March 8, 2018

I am using JIRA default database. not SQL. that is the problem.

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2018
RAJ SHANKAR SINGH March 11, 2018

(SELECT DISTINCT(pkey)    .........????
not understand

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 13, 2018

That's part of the SQL you need to run to get the answer you are looking for.

0 votes
Mitchell Davison [EY] March 7, 2018

I recommend you take a look at the Scriptrunner add-on for Jira. This allows you to write groovy scripts and run them in Jira in a number of different ways, but most simply through a Console in the Administration area. That being said, I’m not sure how easy it would be to write something that would pick up when a project was created.

Suggest an answer