I want to restrict adding comment when ticket is in pending review. How can we do that?

anjali s March 12, 2024

I want to restrict adding comment when ticket is in pending review. How can we do that?

2 answers

1 vote
Mohanraj Thangamuthu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2024

Hello, Good day. You can explore Jira issue property for this specific status. https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/use-workflow-properties/

anjali s March 12, 2024

Can you tell me in short way of that answer?

0 votes
Christopher Maxwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2024

@anjali s ,

I don't have Jira Server, and there isn't really a short answer here, but this is what you can try:

1. Navigate to Your Workflow:

• Go to Jira settings > Issues.
    • Select Workflows from the sidebar under the WORKFLOWS section.
    • Find the workflow that contains the status you want to modify (in this case, "Pending Review") and click on Edit next to it. If the workflow is active, you might need to copy it to create an editable version.
  2. Access the Status Properties:

• In the workflow editor, click on the "Pending Review" status to select it.
    • Look for the Properties button on the lower right side of the status dialog box that appears.
  3. Add a Workflow Property to Restrict Comments:

• Click on Properties, then Add property.
    • You will need to add a specific property key and value to restrict comments. Use the following:
      • Property Key: jira.permission.comment.denied
      • Property Value: this can be left empty (it's possible you may need to use jira-users to restrict all users)
    • Click Add to add the property, and then Close the properties window.
  4. Publish Your Workflow:

• After adding the property, you'll need to publish your workflow for the changes to take effect. If you're editing a draft, you can directly publish it. If you created a new copy of an active workflow, you'll need to go through the process of associating the workflow with the relevant project(s) and issue type(s) and then publish it.
  5. Testing:

• It's essential to test the workflow to ensure that the restrictions work as expected. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events