I want to do cascade of two Custom fields(Select List-Single choice) in jira

Seetha V May 25, 2021

I want to do a cascade of two Custom fields(Select List-Single choice) in Jira version 8.13.

I have a field Region and Country, Based on the input of region field

Country field option to be listed out.

conditions: Both country and Region should be required field.

Note: I don't have script runner plugin.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2021

Hi @Seetha V 

Not sure if I understand correctly but this might be a solution: Create one custom field of type Slect List (cascading) and user the parent values as regions and child values as country values. 

You can make this new field REQUIRED in the Field Configuration. However, if a value is chosen in the parent choice (first) then Jira does not enforce a value for the child choice. I am not aware of any way for you to make sure both levels are filled out :/  Just make sure there is no default value for this field, because then the required condition is already met.

Then you could make a filter that catches all issues that have NONE as child value and subscribe to that filter (so you can fix those issue manually).

HTH,
KGM

0 votes
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2021

Hi @Seetha V, doesn't the Select List (cascading) custom field type work for your use case? 

Suggest an answer