I want my jira to be in aws

sunnyadverscribe October 29, 2018

I want to run jira on t2.micro but there are a lot of problems. Can you guys set it up for us?

2 answers

2 votes
Shankar Asam {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2018

Hi Sunny,

t2.micro has 1 vcpu and 1 GB RAM which won't be sufficient for JIRA to run. 500MB – 1GB of Java heap size is enough for most evaluation purposes as per Atlassian. However, you need some amount of RAM to be allocated for system purpose. I would suggest you choose the next instance type (atleast 2GB) to run JIRA in AWS. You did not mention that what issues you had encountered during the JIRA setup, so we can be of your help.

-Shankar

1 vote
Vinu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2018

Hi @sunnyadverscribe

Instead of running your instance on AWS, if you are opting for cloud you can go for Jira cloud option as you dont have to configure anything to set it up. Infra is entirely managed by Atlassian and you have a ready to use product. It has a great uptime and supports easily to a instance size of 5000 users and has a subscription based licensing.

If you still want to go to aws for putting in Jira, I would say t2.micro will not be able to handle the instance as it grows. You need to have a large instance such as Category level C.

There is a documentation from AWS on how you can install and set up your installation here

The site will be https://aws.amazon.com/quickstart/architecture/jira/

If you are trying to put Jira in for testing or to get your hands on the tool, I would recommend you to opt for Jira cloud (no installation trouble) or to go for a single local hosted server instance.

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer