I wanna create a Kanban Grooming Board to manage the refinement of an existing Product Backlog.

Paulo C. October 16, 2018

This project already has a scrum board to manage my sprint. Now, when I create a second board to groom the Product Backlog, this new board mirrors the content of my already existing sprint board. I would like a board to groom not the items of the current sprint, but of the Product Backlog of this Project. Could someone help me with that? 

Thank you! 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2018

They have the same backlog because that's what you've asked for.

Boards are not a container for issues, they are a view.  Your two boards are looking at the same issues, so of course they're going to see the same thing in the backlogs.

If you want to look at different sets of issues, change the filter of the boards to select the issues you want to see on each board instead of using the same list.

Paulo C. October 16, 2018

Hi, Nic! 

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question! I'll configurate my filters right now! 

Suggest an answer