I'm unable to find IF/ELSE statements in Jira's Automation platform

Jayce Canale December 4, 2020

Was there a recent update that axed the IF/ELSE statements? All I'm seeing is Condition/Action components. These are not suitable for the solution I'm working on since if the first condition does not pass, all the proceeding conditions after that will not execute. Maybe I'm missing something? 

Here's a small example from a much bigger automation rule. If the first condition does not equal 'Not Stored', the second condition does not execute. 

2020-12-04_153658.png

2 answers

3 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2020

Hi Jayce,

Under the New Condition listing you should see If/else block

screenshot.png

Jayce Canale December 4, 2020

I see. It looks like the If/Else is not available inside the 'For' branch. I'll have to go about this another way then. Thanks for the quick reply!

Like # people like this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2020

Hi @Jayce Canale 

Here is the suggestion item in the Code Barrel backlog to add If/Else within a branch:

https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-1005

Best regards,

Bill

Like Jayce Canale likes this
Simmo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2020

Hi @Jayce Canale,

That's right, an If / Else block isn't available instead a branch as we only support one level of branching and an if else is a branch in its own right.

Shout out if you need a hand rejigging your rule!

Cheers,

Simeon.

Like Jayce Canale likes this
Moheeb Qupty June 20, 2021

Hi @Bill Sheboy

You said that there's a suggestion to add If/Else within a branch in:

https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-1005

I don't see any suggestion in that ticket.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2021

Hi @Moheeb Qupty 

The title of that suggestion is "Allow IF/ELSE block within branches"

Best regards,

Bill

0 votes
Sanjay Naidu April 11, 2023

@Jayce Canale I have suggested a Workaround for this -> Link 

Suggest an answer