Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I'm stuck at "Give your site a name"

I've been waiting well over ten minutes after trying to create a Jira site. The page keeps flashing the same two messages: "Working on it..." and "Loading..."

I saw this same question asked back in February with an answer saying to try using the name I created the site with and see if it'll load. (e.g. xyz.atlassian.net) Unfortunately for me, this didn't work. It appears as if the system is stuck trying to create this site.

I tried disabling my ad blocking software (I'm running Chrome) to see if that would affect it. Unfortunatley, it's still stuck. :(

Any help would be appreciated!

2 answers

0 votes
Brant Schroeder Community Leader Apr 15, 2021

@Josh GreenWelcome to the community.

Have you tried using a different browser? I would suggest trying that first.  If it is still stuck I can escalate to Atlassian to take a look at it.

That's a great suggestion! Unfortunately it still did the same thing on Edge too. :(

0 votes
Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Apr 16, 2021

Hi Josh,

Sorry to hear about this problem.  I understand that you are trying to choose a name for your cloud site, but appear to be unable to do so.  I can see that from my end, it looks like your site has already been created.  This site currently has a name of https://team-1618540664965.atlassian.net This is a default name that can be selected if an end user cannot decide on a name during sign up.  Is this the site you created?  Or are you trying to create another different site instead?

That said, you should have had the option to choose your site name and it should have been named what you wanted if that was available.  I am investigating to see if the problem you had here was a sign of something bigger, or possibly due to some other problem on our end.  I have not found any other reports of this problem yet elsewhere, but I'll keep looking.

In the meantime, I show that site mentioned above to be using a Free plan.  That poses a problem to a work-around of having Atlassian renaming the site on your behalf because sites that are only utilizing a free plans are not eligible to undergo a site-rename once the site is created.  Only paid sites are able to be renamed once created, and even then it requires you to file a support case requesting the URL change under https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

You could start a free trial of a standard or premium plan, and then file such a support request. This is what I would actually recommend now as this will allow us to rename the site if your chosen name is available.  You can do this by going to https://team-1618540664965.atlassian.net/admin/billing/applications and then click the Change link to move the site from a Free plan onto the standard plan.  This should start a 14 day trial for the site, after which point you can either downgrade back to free or pay for standard.

Let me know if this helps or if you run into any problems with this.

Andy

Hi,

Has there been a solution to this issue? I have exactly the same issue as @Josh Green and I've tried multiple browser as well but they are all stuck at creating site name.

Please help!

Regards,

Joshua

Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Apr 26, 2021

Hi Joshua,

It looks like you have a Cloud site created with a unique name now.  Is this still a problem?  If so, could you please let me know which site URL you were using when trying to sign up for your Cloud site?

Andy

Hi Andy,

Apologies for failing to answer the first time.

The name that was generated was not the name I attempted to use when I created the cloud site. So yes it's still a problem. The url is the following: [redacted]
I attempted to put in my own site name and it just sat there and did nothing.

Thanks for your help!
Josh

Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Apr 28, 2021

Hi @Josh Green (two Josh's here)

In your case, I still believe the best course of action now is to start a trial of standard or premium so that you can create a support case requesting to rename your site.  Unfortunately, I cannot rename your site in the current state because this ability is not available to sites that are only on the free plans.

I am still interested to learn of any other cases where Cloud sign ups are unable to choose a site name.  All signup should have the ability to choose their sitename.  But since only paid sites have the ability to rename, I cannot see any other way to give your site a new name at this point.

Andy

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Staying organized with Jira: best practices for a better project management

Project managers know this problem: A “mountain of work” lays in front of you, and you don’t know how and where to tackle them. Different to-dos lie ahead, but just one task after the other can be ha...

171 views 2 1
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you