I have added a new field to an existing ticket type. Why isn't the field appearing?

Matt February 22, 2021

asf

3 answers

0 votes
Burak Kaya February 22, 2021

If you an admin of Jira you're using, you can ask Jira itself in ticket.

Please follow screenshots below;

1-) Go to Admin button next to action buttons and click on "Where is my field?"
1.JPG

2-) Type the custom field name and Jira tell you what prevents you to see the field on screen.
2.JPG

It is a easiest way I believe. 

Hope this helps you.

Regards,
Burak

Matt February 22, 2021

It says I need to set a value for the field ?

Burak Kaya February 22, 2021

It means you did not enter a value for the field on creation.

According to the comment of you on above, I see you are unable to see it on create page, so you should add the field to create screen in Project Settings > Screens menu or directly screen panel page in admin menu. 

We can redirect you if you do not find the related screen. Please check this out first.

Regards,

Matt February 22, 2021

So I get the feeling there is a problem with Scripted field for issue types.  I deleted it and used a similar field with a text type and it appeared. 

THANK YOU !!!

0 votes
Nicole Schedler February 22, 2021

Did you check that you added the new field to the right issue type (e.g. story instead of task)

Matt February 22, 2021

I went back into the "Where is my field" and the Summary for Field Screen says "The field is present on the screen" but I don't see it when I create a new ticket 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2021

do you still need assistance here? wasn't sure about "asf".

Matt February 22, 2021

Yes please.  I added a new field to an existing ticket type .  When I create a new ticket I dont see the field 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2021

are you on Classic project? I so go to project settings > screens and check the screens there to see if the new field exists. If not then add it to the appropriate screen, e.g. create or edit

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 22, 2021

oh...i see on server. still the Screens is the place to look.

Matt February 22, 2021

Sorry - not quite sure what they means.  When will the field appear in the ticket ?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 22, 2021

can you navigate to project settings screens? What do you see there for the issuetype where you added the field?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 22, 2021

Fields (most) do not display until there is a value in them. So you need to ensure the field is in the "Edit" screen. Then Edit the issue enter a value and the field should display.

Matt February 22, 2021

Scripted field 

Matt February 22, 2021

So I removed the field i had added and tried a similar field which had a text entry.  The field showed up this time.  So there must be an issue with scripted fields 

THANK YOU 

Suggest an answer