I can't select an issue's status from a drop down list

Quentin Storer February 17, 2019

Hi

I've set up a few issues in a project (tasks, bugs, custom issue type)

I'm using a custom workflow for the project.

When I select an issue, I can only transition the issue through the various status' but cant seem to choose from a drop down on the issue itself.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gurpreet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2019

what happens when you try to change the status on issue ? 

can you post some screenshots as your question is not clear ?

thanks

Quentin Storer February 18, 2019

Hi Gurpeet

Thanks for getting back to me.

So I'm used to being able to select the status of a ticket using the dropdown (based on the workflow....I'm using a custom workflow by the way), as below....

Capture1.JPG

However, after setting the project up, the issues (tasks, bugs etc.) dont allow me this option and we have to click on the status to cycle it through to the desired status, which is a pain.

Capture2.JPGI'm not sure if it's a workflow issue or a project setup issue?

Thanks

Gurpreet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2019

looks like it is a workflow issue..

could you post your workflow snapshot here ?

if the workflow is free flow i.e. you have a bunch of statuses that have ALL as their transition ie.. any status can transition to any status, then it will have a dropdown..however, if it is a restrictive workflow. i.e from Status A you can go to B and then from B to C, then you might have to follow them in order and wont see the dropdown...

Quentin Storer February 18, 2019

Sure thing Gurpeet, here it is...

Capture3.JPG

Gurpreet
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2019

as you can see from your worfklow, your workflow is not freeflow...for e.g. 

from To-do you can go to Indesign or Awaiting client approval and that is what is shown on your issue detail page...

if you want to move from any issue to any other issue and have a dropdown you have to put ALL transition like you have for TODO

Hope this helps

Like Matthias Gaiser _K15t_ likes this
Quentin Storer February 19, 2019

Thank you Gurpeet....worked a treat! Your'e a legend! 

0 votes
Sejal September 3, 2020

I don't think this solution works anymore.  I have a workflow that has transition all and i'm still experiencing this issue.  I have buttons at top of issue window but i would rather have a drop down. 

image.png

Jared Polman April 20, 2021

Removed

Suggest an answer