I can't add gadgets to personal dashboard

William Cook June 6, 2019

I can see the System Dashboard but when I add a personal dashboard I can't add any gadgets.  I have administrator authority so I don't understand why.

We did add an app

InProduct translation for JIRA

earlier in the day and was wondering if this might be part of the problem.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2019

@William Cook 

Did you try to disable the plugin and see if everything goes back to normal?

Best,

Fadoua

William Cook June 7, 2019

Thank you Fadoua!

Yes, when I removed the plugin, I regained full functionality.

We are going to work without it for now.  Our main need for the plug-in was to translate some of the native Jira terms to something that was more familiar to our audience of users.  This is a minor thing.  We may look for another translation solution or just educate our users to Jira standards.  The plugin was incompatible with the Jira Core Server V8.2 that we are using.

Thanks for your interest in our success!!!

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2019

@William Cook 

My pleasure :) anytime!

Always make sure to install a plugin in a test environment first. You were lucky guys that it didn't take your JIRA down which is a "deja vu" behavior.

Wishing you all the best, we are here to help anytime needed.

Best,

Fadoua

SHANAVASH MOHAMED October 17, 2019

Hi @Fadoua 

i am also facing the same issue, How can i resolve the below issue, Which plugin i disable, Please suggest .

Thanks

SHANAVASH

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 17, 2019

Assalamu Alikum @SHANAVASH MOHAMED 

• Are you a Cloud or Server User?
  • Are you the Jira Admin? If yes what's the most recent change made to the instance? an upgrade? installed a plugin?
  • Also take a look at the logs, and look for "Error" copy and paste the error so that we can help you. Make sure to hide any confidential information

Best,

Fadoua

SHANAVASH MOHAMED October 18, 2019

Hi @Fadoua 

This is an server jira

i am admin of the jira, Recently i have updated the SSL certificate only 

i verified the log report there no error appear in the log file. 

Thanks 

SHANAVASH

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 18, 2019

@SHANAVASH MOHAMED 

Yes any work done with SSL certificates can trigger problems with Gadgets.

I experienced this issue many times after upgrades, when AWS Engineer put Certs in the wrong directory.

Below is an old post helping to resolve your issue:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/JIRA-Gadgets-and-SSL/qaq-p/676233

Let me know if you have any questions

Best,

Fadoua

Suggest an answer