How to track cost in Jira

Lars Sundstrom March 7, 2018

I would like Jira (with add ons) to track projects including project cost. 

Hrs x Rate gives me resource cost, how do I get hourley rate in there? 

AND how do I track fixed cost. Say a i have a subcontractor doing a task at a fixed price. What to do?

1 answer

1 vote
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2018

You can not do it out of the box. Kindly have a look at the Tempo Budget plugin. Maybe, it will suit your requirements:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.greffon.folio/server/overview

Ashvik Mohan March 20, 2018

Alexey, Can you say me how to get User cost rate or role cost  rate through API?

Like Dana Alfano-D'Ettorre likes this
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2018

I could not find REST API documentation. But it is written that the Tempo Budget plugin is built upon REST API. You can find a page in Jira, where you can see cost rate or role cost, then you can open the Developer Tools (usually F12) and then refresh the page. You will see all REST API calls.

Ashvik Mohan March 20, 2018

thanks for your help alexey, Can you provide me a link of which you want to tell after that i will do further process.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 20, 2018

I do not have any link. You should open a page in Jira, where you can see the required data. I am not familiar much with Tempo Budget. I think, you know better, where to find this info. Then use the Developer Tools to examine all Rest Api calls

Suggest an answer