How to show to user the hidden actions (transitions) when some conditions don't pass

Michał Gawlik September 11, 2014

By default JIRA doesn't display transitions if conditions don't pass for them.
Is there any possibility to display missing transitions on the form in some easy way?

It could be a little confusing when user doesn't see any action
available and doesn't know why these conditions didn't pass.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2014
0 votes
Michał Gawlik September 16, 2014

I got quick response from vendor to upgrade Java to 7 what solved the problem. Thanks!

0 votes
Michał Gawlik September 14, 2014

Thanks Jamie,

I am not able to install that plug-in. Were you able to install it smoothly?

I got the exception:

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.CannotLoadBeanClassException: Error loading class 
[com.intenso.jira.plugins.condval.ao.services.ActiveObjectServiceImpl] for bean with name 'conditionsValidator-service' defined in URL 
[bundle://159.0:0/META-INF/spring/atlassian-plugins-components.xml]: problem with class file or dependent class; nested exception is java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/intenso/jira/plugins/condval/ao/services/ActiveObjectServiceImpl : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.resolveBeanClass(AbstractBeanFactory.java:1144)at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.predictBeanType(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:524)

2014-09-15 12:33:49,993 ThreadPoolAsyncTaskExecutor::Thread 26 ERROR admin 753x2480x1 14b18va 10.171.18.224 /rest/plugins/1.0/ [extender.internal.activator.ContextLoaderListener] Application context refresh failed (NonValidatingOsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext(bundle=com.intenso.jira.plugins.condval.intenso-conditions-validator, config=osgibundle:/META-INF/spring/*.xml))
org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'thirdPartyPluginLicenseStorageManager' defined in URL [bundle://159.0:0/META-INF/spring/atlassian-plugins-components.xml]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor argument with index 0 of type [com.atlassian.sal.api.ApplicationProperties]: : Error loading class [com.intenso.jira.plugins.condval.ao.services.ActiveObjectServiceImpl] for bean with name 'conditionsValidator-service' defined in URL [bundle://159.0:0/META-INF/spring/atlassian-plugins-components.xml]: problem with class file or dependent class; nested exception is java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/intenso/jira/plugins/condval/ao/services/ActiveObjectServiceImpl : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.CannotLoadBeanClassException: Error loading class [com.intenso.jira.plugins.condval.ao.services.ActiveObjectServiceImpl] for bean with name 'conditionsValidator-service' defined in URL [bundle://159.0:0/META-INF/spring/atlassian-plugins-components.xml]: problem with class file or dependent class; nested exception is java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/intenso/jira/plugins/condval/ao/services/ActiveObjectServiceImpl : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

My configuration is:

ATLAS Version: 5.0.4
ATLAS Home: C:\Users\xxx\atlassian-plugin-sdk
ATLAS Scripts: C:\Users\xxx\atlassian-plugin-sdk\bin
ATLAS Maven Home: C:\Users\xxx\atlassian-plugin-sdk\apache-maven-3.2.1
--------
Executing: "C:\Users\xxx\atlassian-plugin-sdk\apache-maven-3.2.1\bin\mvn.bat" --version -gs C:\Users\xxx\atlassian-plugin-sdk\apache-maven-3.2.1/conf/settings.xml
Apache Maven 3.2.1 (ea8b2b07643dbb1b84b6d16e1f08391b666bc1e9; 2014-02-14T18:37:52+01:00)
Maven home: C:\Users\xxx\atlassian-plugin-sdk\apache-maven-3.2.1\bin\..
Java version: 1.6.0_45, vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.
Java home: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_45\jre
Default locale: pl_PL, platform encoding: Cp1250
OS name: "windows 7", version: "6.1", arch: "x86", family: "windows"

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2014

I was when I tried it a long time ago... you should ask the plugin author.

Suggest an answer