How to show all tasks on Board

Kazumi Kerr December 3, 2021

Hello,

Comparing to the 'Timeline', the 'Board' shows only a few tasks.  Does anyone know how to show all tasks on the 'Board'?

image (4).png

image (5).png

3 answers

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2021

Hello @Kazumi Kerr 

What is the status of the issues that are not showing on the board?

For a board that is associated with a Business Project the configuration of the board cannot be modified.

I would guess that perhaps the missing issues are already Done and were resolved some time ago, and the default functionality of the board for a Business Project is to not display Done issues resolved more than 14 days in the past.

Kazumi Kerr December 9, 2021

@Trudy Claspill 

The status of the issue not showing on the board is 'Done'.
I believe you are correct about not display 'Done' issues resolved more than 14 days in the past.  Do you think there is no way to update the Business Project Configuration?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2021

@Kazumi Kerr 

There is no way to update this particular feature of a board that was part of the Business Project configuration.

This feature can be edited in boards that are created separately from the project configuration process, but such boards were designed to be used with Company Managed Software projects. If you decided to create a separate board for this project, that new board might not behave the same way the original board behaves. 

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 6, 2021

Hi Kazumi - What are the statuses of the cards that are not showing on the board? Are they in a Done status? 

Kazumi Kerr December 9, 2021

@John Funk 

Correct.  All the status of the cards that are not on the board is 'Done'.  
I think @Trudy Claspill and @Fernando Eugênio da Silva are correct about the board configuration (not display 'Done' issues resolved more than 14 days in the past). 
Do you know if there are any ways to update the business project configuration?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 9, 2021

There are no current means available to change that for business project boards. Hopefully, they will add some quick filter functionality for the Done cards like they have on the List function. 

1 vote
Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2021

Hi! @Kazumi Kerr 

If this is a Kanban board, I recommend seeing the board configuration go to "General" and validate the following information:

What value is assigned to the "Hide completed issues older than" section

Kanban Board.PNG

As in this example the value is for 2 weeks, this means that issues resolved more than two weeks ago will be hidden from the board. This happens to make the screen and column cleaner, but you can change it to leave all issues resolved or assign a longer period.

Another thing you can look at is the board filter, if the filter doesn't have a JQL indicating that only some condition present in these issues can make them go to the board.

I hope this helps.

If you have any questions, let us know :)

Kazumi Kerr December 4, 2021

Hi @Fernando Eugênio da Silva ,

Thank you for your response!  Unfortunately, I could not find the General configuration.  I think it's because I'm using 'Business Project' template with 'Company managed project' and I probably do not have permission to change configuration.

I will ask administrator if they can change the settings.

Thank you for your help!

image (6).png

image (7).png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders