Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to show Project Lead value in a filter result?

I created a simple filter to show projects we have in Jira. Each project has a Project Lead, and the field has a value in it (name of the person). I am able to add the Project Lead column from the Columns menu but when the column shows up in the result view it does not show the value. When I go the each Project settings => Summary =>Roles , Project Lead has a value in it. Why doesn't it show in my filter view Project Lead column?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Not sure what you are doing, but you seem to have a few things mixed up.

1: You can't write filters to show projects, You write filters to show issues.

2: Project Lead is not a field in issue. It is a setting in a project. I am not sure what you are adding it to, but it cant be a filter view, unless you created a custom field called "Project Lead" which would have no relation to the actual project lead.

Maybe a screenshot would help us understand what you are doing,

Andrew, thanks for responding. Sorry for poor explanation, 

1. I created a filter to view issues across many projects. Project name is one of the columns I have in the view. Wanted to add Project Lead the issue belongs to so we know who to contact.

2. Say you have more than one project in an organization, and want to show issues a team has in a backlog for a project, why can't you display projects settings field(s) to make it more informative. Are you saying the only way is to add a custom field and populate it with the same value we already have in Project Lead settings? 

Yes that would be what you would have to do. Te issue view screens show fields of an issue. So you would have to have a custom field populated with what you want.

You would probably need scriptrunner or powerscripts to actually populate it if you wanted it to dynamically update (as opposed to manually populating it.)

Most people are more concerned about the assignee of the issue, not the project lead. Keep in mind you can set the default assignee to be the project lead, so by using the assignee, the person to contact for a particular issue would be the project lead unless someone else is specifically the assignee.

You also may be able to do something with the Profields app. I don't use it so I can't speak for how it works, but I do know it has a lot of functionality around Creating "Project Fields"

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1210816/profields-jira-project-tracking?hosting=server&tab=overview

https://confluence.deiser.com/profields/latest/profields-user-guide/profields-custom-fields/mapping-project-fields-as-jira-custom-fields

Like # people like this

Thank you for you input. I will look into your proposed solution.

Thanks

I do -NOT- understand the Atlassian mentality of "We have these fields that collect data, but you can't run reports or queries against those fields".

WHY would Atlassian omit my ability to "search for all the project leads" in Jira?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events