How to restrict access to project's tickets ?

Kirill Gorchinsky April 19, 2018

Hello 

I have created the group which may have access to some single project

On Projects Tab, I see only one single project

BUT

when I choose filter All issues  I may see issues in all projects.

Help please to fix it.

4 answers

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2018

roles are universal, but the membership in roles is by project. However, if you put a GROUP in a role you're giving the entire group that role.  The best way is to have the project admin add individual users to the roles. Once you add a group you lose control because the jira admin may add/delete users to groups.

0 votes
Kirill Gorchinsky April 25, 2018

In which way I  may give the access to single project using roles ?  I don't need the manager for one project has the access to all projepro in that role. 

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2018

You must be getting permissions from somewhere. The FIRST thing you need to do is stop thinking in terms of RESTRICTING access. It will only get you frustrated. JIRA, and all good security systems, work on permitting access. In my opinion Atllassian confuses things by giving all users that can logon permissions by default. Start by removing the group that allows logon from all the permission schemes and start using project roles (that can be controlled by project admins) to grant permissions.  Most times when people start using project roles the inadvertent access problems disappear.  Project roles are universal so you can design a permission scheme that works for all projects and let the project admin assign users to those roles as they see fit. 

0 votes
David STOCKY April 19, 2018

Are you sure that you have the "Browse" permission in your project scheme?

Suggest an answer