How to reopen the Closed Issue in Jira, If workflow is defined properly?

Rajni_Singla July 16, 2019

How to reopen the Closed Issue in Jira, I made changes in Workflow and Link DONE to OPEN, it works for few hours.

I was able to see RE-OPEN in the tickets, but when I try to perform same action next day, it was not working. I cannot see the RE-OPEN tab to the ticket hence unable to move the issue back to any desired state.

I have attached the work flow

Please help.

Firefox_Screenshot_2019-07-17T05-19-58.570Z.png

1 answer

1 vote
Milan Chheda [INFOSYSTA]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2019

Hi @Rajni_Singla , I can't see any attachments to your questions.

• Can you check the workflow, if any conditions are added from DONE to OPEN? Probably that's stopping you and hence you are not able to see RE-OPEN tab.
  • Secondly, verify that the same workflow is being used for the issue type that you are trying to Re-OPEN.
Rajni_Singla July 17, 2019

I have attached my workflow.

- Yes, I have added the below condition,and as I said above it was working fine after apply these condition I was able to do the transition but next day its stopped working.

• Only users in project role Administrators can execute this transition.
  • Add grouped condition Edit Delete Only users in project role Project Managers & Tech Leads can execute this transition.

@Milan Chheda [INFOSYSTA] 

I have deleted the condition now and I can see the Re-Do tab..but I still need a condition that only managers are able to mark as RE-DO.

Another Scenario is the task is DONE and the resolution is still - Unresolved Refer AttachmentFirefox_Screenshot_2019-07-18T05-35-46.262Z.png

Milan Chheda [INFOSYSTA]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2019

@Rajni_Singla - You can keep both the conditions and select 'Any of the below conditions' from the dropdown, instead of 'all of the conditions'. You should be able to see this dropdown on the conditions page. 'Any' will allow Administrators or 'users in project role Project Managers & Tech Leads'

About the resolution, you can add a post-function to update resolution field as 'Done' or 'Fixed' or whatever values you have, when the issue is transitioned to done. As of now, it's showing as 'Unresolved' because there is no post-function updating and neither the user is provided form to update it. So you can either have screen and make user update the 'Resolution' when issue is marked as 'Done' or add a post-function.

For Subtask its working, but not for TASK & STORY the Resolutions is Unresolved if its DONE..Firefox_Screenshot_2019-07-18T06-47-28.999Z.png

Milan Chheda [INFOSYSTA]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 18, 2019

Are you sure, the same workflow is applied for Task & Story? I don't see any reason for it to not work. Also, hope you have give 'Resolve issues' permission to the role 'Project Managers & Tech Leads'.

Rajni_Singla July 18, 2019

Can you describe some step so that I can check

Suggest an answer