How to pull out defect report from Jira when there are different fields?

Anjana Lalitha
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 4, 2020

We are a content team and using Jira for bug tracking. We have different fields such as defect category (grammar, content, formatting, etc.), severity levels (showstopper, critical, major, etc) to quantify and categorize the issues. However, we are facing difficulty in pulling out defect reports. Now, we are exporting the data to Google Sheet to get the report. However, a few fields are missing. Is there an easy and foolproof way to do this so we get an accurate report?

3 answers

0 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 5, 2022

One professional and reliable way to create native Excel reports (not CSV) for Jira bugs and defects is Better Excel Exporter for Jira Cloud.

The built-in templates export the fields you selected in the Issue Navigator or have on a Scrum or Kanban board. If the built-in templates are not enough, you can also customize your templates to get the results you want.

Here is a step-by-step guide to exporting a defects report from Jira to Excel.

(Please note that Better Excel Exporter is a paid and supported app and I'm part of the team developing it.)

0 votes
Pranali H
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 4, 2022

Hello team,

I want to know how to create a  custom report using date field and issue types in JIRA.

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2020

Hello @Anjana Lalitha

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Per your description, I understand you want to export your defects in a CSV file to properly create a report, however, some of the fields are not getting exported. Is that correct?

Can you please give us more details about the defects you are talking about? Is this a custom issue type you created or an issue type provided by a third-party app?

Basically, you can export all the fields of Jira issues to a CSV file by navigating to your issue navigator and click to export Excel CSV (All fields):

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 18.49.22.png

However, fields provided by third-party apps can have their own features and settings, so you would need to contact the support team of that app to know more details.

That being said, can you also let us know what kind of reports you would like to build?

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events