How to manage JIRA issues where a disabled user is taking part?

Elvar Bjarki Böðvarsson March 19, 2014

I have a JIRA instance connected to AD and what happens in day to day work is that some employees stop being employees and their AD account is disabled.

JIRA will in turn change all "user" fields to their AD username, but when I try to modify those issues it always stops because that user does not exist in the system.

Only solution I have found is to reassign those issues to an active user. What other options do I have?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Elvar Bjarki Böðvarsson March 23, 2014

I found a solution (sortof)

During the laste upgrade of JIRA it imported the users again to populate the user fields, this user had been disabled at that time so he was not a part of the AD sync schedule filter and therefor was not imported. To fix this I had to enable the account, run a sync again and then disable it. Now the user shows up and issues can be modified.

0 votes
Sven [Dione Technology]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2014

Hi Elvar,

We are doing the same.

Re-assign is the best solution.

For me, this have to be a part of the de-active user process (popup window with a warning)

Regards,

Sven.

Suggest an answer