How to make changes in issues, without notifying others about each action?

Inna Vainberg April 2, 2018

Hi all,
When I make some changes in a "Description" area in Jira, each time I click outside the box, the action saved and appear in the Activity section. 
The meaning is, the person who created the issue will be notified each time for my actions! That's really crazy! Many times I prefer to organize the content with styles to make it readable and user-friendly. Sometimes working on the order of the content, and it takes time till I'm satisfied with the result. 

Can you help me with the issue? Do you have some "edit mode" which is not notifying anyone about each action, till I decide to final confirmation?  

Thanks,

Inna

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2018

Talk to your admins about removing the "notify users of updates" notification.

Inna Vainberg April 2, 2018

Thank you, Nic!
So I'll be able to notify them than I want to do that, or notifications are possible only as "notify always" or "disable"?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2018

Yes, the notifications are either on or off.

Suggest an answer