How to increase results displayed in emailed filter subscription?

MarkW April 30, 2013

It seems when you subscribe to a filter the results displayed are capped at 200 issues.

Is there a way to display more than 200 results in the email?

1 answer

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2013
MarkW April 30, 2013

We actually have the search views property set which allows us to, by modifying the URL, export more than 1000 issues. It seems the RSS change is also by modifying the URL.

Unfortunately, filter subscriptions do not allow you to modify or configure their results count.

Vidya Somachandra June 18, 2018

"Unfortunately, filter subscriptions do not allow you to modify or configure their results count"

I would like to know if this still valid or if there is any way we could increase the number of results displayed in email under subscribe filter.

Bob Kirsch February 27, 2019

I found the answer a few years ago, I think.

It took me a bit just now to find it as well..

From your Jira home directory, edit this file:

./atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/jpm.xml

Within this file I found this property:

<property>
<key>jira.subscription.email.max.issues</key>
<default-value>500</default-value>
<type>uint</type>
<admin-editable>false</admin-editable>
<sysadmin-editable>false</sysadmin-editable>
</property>

I'm not 100% sure this is the best way to adjust this but it worked for us. I imagine I have to restart jira after changing this? Let us know if it works out.

Bob Kirsch February 27, 2019

FYI I changed 200 to 500 years ago, the default is probably 200 or 250 or whatever you are seeing.

Jaap van Driel September 22, 2020

Since you mention Jira home dir, I assume this is for Jira Server. We are using Jira Cloud, is there a way to get this to work on Jira Cloud?

Suggest an answer