How to get team name using Jira REST api?

Nikhil September 6, 2022

Hi,

I am trying to get the Team name from the Jira Issue page. But I could not find a consistent field that could provide the required information. The customfiled that sometimes does provide the name, keeps changing with issues or is not present in other issues at all.

Please help.

2 answers

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2022

Hi @Nikhil 

Get Issue - REST API will provide the custom field details in format customfield_id

You will need to get the Team field ID and then look for the value

Thanks,
Pramodh

0 votes
Lukasz Grobelny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2022

Maybe it's not present on some screens? You can use it's ID via API

Nikhil September 6, 2022

Hi,

I am trying to locate custom_id filed for an issue that helps in finding the Team ID but not been able to do so. Can you help in isolating the information?

Nikhil September 6, 2022

How can we find out the team name using Team ID?

Lukasz Grobelny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2022

On which field is it stored? Custom field or predefined?

Nikhil September 6, 2022

Custom field

Lukasz Grobelny
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2022
Nikhil September 6, 2022

Hi,

I have managed to find the Team Ids for the respective issues. Now, need to find the team names of the corresponding IDs. Is there a way to map Team ID with Team name?

Please guide.

Suggest an answer