How to find Jira Project admins as a regular user?

Jeremy Price December 13, 2022

Hello Team,

I know as a regular user I can find the project lead of the project by going to the Projects section from the blue menu bar. However, sometimes those project leads are inactive and I want to reach out to the rest of the project admins on the project.

I am a regular user and want to know if there is a way for me to find that information per project without going to my Jira system Admins for the data. 

Also would like a way to do this in Confluence if possible. 

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2022

Hi @Jeremy Price , welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Unfortunately it doesn't sound like you will be able to find the information you are looking for without System admin privileges

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2022

Jira doesn't really have a way to do this - to see who has project admin rights, you need to be a project admin!

Neverthless, everyone else on the project, the people who asked you to use the project and your system admins will be able to tell you who they are.  Ask the people around you!

Jeremy Price December 13, 2022

Thank you both for those explanations. 

I didn't think it was a possibility but I wanted to check anyways. 

Like Callum Carlile likes this
Jagadeesh_M September 19, 2023

suggest a plugin please

0 votes
Balavinayagamoorthi Ramasamy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 16, 2024

Even-though, normal users do not have edit options, like Components and Releases, they should have an option to view the roles ( esp. Project Admins and other roles) in the project.

Suggest an answer