go to https://yourCompanyName.atlassian.net/jira/boards

delete it it there.

Chathuraka Kannangara September 21, 2021

Thank you ! this works. wonder why this option is not shown in settings. :(

Felix Awortwe Kwamena November 3, 2021

Thank you very Much , this one solved my issue

Keita ATTICOT January 8, 2022

finally i find it.

Thx a lot, but i really dont understand why i get a button everywhere to create a board meanwhile to delete it i have to search in the forum.

Like # people like this
Atakan Olgun March 20, 2022

@sebastian 

I finally found it. Thank you so much

David Freeman May 24, 2022

Needed this instruction also. It should be an option under board settings

Arun Anisetty May 24, 2022

Had to login to this site to get you an upvote. First day configuring boards, so this helped!

3 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2021

Are you working with a Company Managed or Team Managed project?

For a Company Managed project click in the Search field in the upper right in the menu bar. You should see an options for Boards at the bottom of the pop-up.

Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 11.22.00 AM.png

Click on that. That will take you to a list of boards. Find the board you want to delete.

If you have sufficient permission, in the "..." option on the far right for that board you will see a Delete option.

Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 11.24.59 AM.png

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bhuwan May 26, 2021

Hey i do not see any delete option there. Where to setup necessary permissions so that I am able to see the delete board option. 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2021

Are you a member of the jira-administrators User Group or listed as an Administrator of the specific board you want to delete?

Bhuwan May 26, 2021

i am listed as organisation administrator

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2021

You will need to be a member of the jira-administrators User Group (under User Management) or listed in the Administrators field for the specific board in order to have permission to delete it.

User Management:

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 8.41.37 AM.png

Board Settings:

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 8.39.56 AM.png

Bhuwan May 26, 2021

I have my name as an administrator in the general setting of board settings. And I am Jira administrator for product administration. Where would I find the delete board option?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2021

I provided information concerning where to find the option. If you are not seeing it there, please provide a screen image of what you do see.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2021

Yes please provide image for where you are looking to delete the board.

Bhuwan May 26, 2021

here u go Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 9.53.49 PM.jpg

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2021

You are not looking in the correct place for the Delete Board option. Please review the instructions I provided to you in my first response on this post on May 17.

Like Jack Brickey likes this
Bhuwan May 26, 2021

Thank You !! Finally I was able to delete it !!

0 votes
Ravi Kumar April 27, 2023

If you delete the board, does it delete the filter query as well or its the other way around ?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2023

If the board was created based upon an existing saved filter then deleting the board will have no impact on the saved filter.

0 votes
Sean Irvine October 18, 2022

I do see the "Delete" on the menu as indicated in some of the screenshots above, but clicking on it does absolutely nothing.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 19, 2022

Hi Sean, feel free to share a screenshot of what you see. 

0 votes
Vouchery Admin March 17, 2022

Hi there, I'm an administrator too but haven't managed to delete the old board yet. Same issue as Bhuwan. Have there been any UI changes in the meantime?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 17, 2022

@Vouchery Admin 

Bhuwan's problem was that they did not follow the steps I provided. When they did, they were able to delete the board. 

The steps are already posted, but here they are again.

For a Company Managed project click in the Search field in the upper right in the menu bar. You should see an options for Boards at the bottom of the pop-up.

Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 11.22.00 AM.png

Click on that. That will take you to a list of boards. Find the board you want to delete.

If you have sufficient permission, in the "..." option on the far right for that board you will see a Delete option.

Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 11.24.59 AM.png

0 votes
Julian Gimenez Roland October 19, 2021

Please! Jira UX UI Team! it's almost imposible to discover that option! you need to work more in usability. When you are inside the board the option must be there, not hidden anywhere else.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 19, 2021

@Julian Gimenez Roland , you might use the feedback link in the app to share this input.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 17, 2021

If you have the necessary permissions you can go to the boards screen find the specific board you’re referring to and delete it on the right hand side.  You can access the board screen by clicking on the quick search bar at the top and the bottom of that screen pops up will be a lozenge for boards.

Bhuwan May 26, 2021

Hey, I do not see any delete option there. Where to set up necessary permissions so that I can see the delete board option. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2021

Can you please share a screenshot of what you’re looking at?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events