How to create a dashboard for tracking Epic progress?

Jones.Stephenmoses
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 15, 2020

Hi,

I'm looking to create a dashboard to view the progress of the given epics in a single project.

Any help on this please?

Thanks,

Jones.

2 answers

1 vote
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2020

Hi @Jones.Stephenmoses 

If you create and save a simple jql filter to return only the list of epics within the project, e.g. project = XXX AND issuetype = Epic AND resolution = unresolved (remove this last bit if you would like to view all completed Epics).

You can then create a new dashboard, add a gadget that looks suitable to you and add the saved filter to this gadget.

A pie chart would show the amount of epics in each given status, or you could use the filter issues gadget to show you just a list of all of the epics (make sure you add 'status' as one of the fields to filter these issues on)

Hope this helps!

0 votes
Hasna June 16, 2020

Hi @Jones.Stephenmoses 

If you are running a KAN BAN board , you can actually see that using EPIC report 

More infor : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH-q7rimHPY&list=PLWIr9miXYV9n7ADoEv8WU7SKIxn8aENFt&index=2&t=0s 

Please check ar Epic Sum Up and Sum Up For Jira

Or you can use  any queries link below and save the filter 

project = "project name" AND Sprint in (openSprints(), futureSprints()) AND "Epic Link " in (Epic name) ORDER BY Epic Link ASC

You can use EPIC Link or EPIC Name based on what field you use in your project.  You can then use the Issue Statistics Gadget or a Two Dimensional Filter Statistics gadget to get the dashboard view.

Hasna

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events