How to block status change of a task, if its dependent on another task

Soni Jha July 31, 2017

Task 2 is dependent on Task 1. I have created a dependency, but still I am able to mark Task2 in progress though Task 1 is still not complete. How to enable this?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2017

You will need a little bit of code to put in a "condition" - it should be able to look at Task1 and return "false" if it is incomplete, which will remove the option to use the transition on task2.

There are a load of add-ons in the marketplace that can provide that code, or a way to implement your own version of it.

Soni Jha August 3, 2017

Thanks Nic. It will be helpful if you can share some links for add-ons

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2017

The marketplace is the best place to look.

I'd always start with ScriptRunner (as the most powerful, and I've got a load of ScriptRunner experts on hand), but you might find Jira Misc Workflow Extensions, Automation or other scripting tools and even add-ons that provide just the conditions you need.

Suggest an answer