How to become a Jira Administrator instead of Project Administrator?

Sharon Freij May 22, 2019

I have 2 questions:

I would like to change some custom fields, for example adding a multiple list where project reports can choose from.

In this case it refers to field 'Category_'.

In all documentation I can only find that a 'Jira Administrator' is able to change workflows/screens/fields. Is this permission role available for me as project administrator? I'm setting up a project, but i'm very restricted in changing fields or changing the standard project into our needs.

If it is still possible for me to change fields or add multiple list to custom fields, please let me know how to do it.

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2019

Hello,

You would need to be granted Jira Administer permission. You can ask your Jira Administrator to grant you this permission.

Sharon Freij May 22, 2019

Thanks!

Where can I find who my Jira Administrator is?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2019

I would ask your team mates.

Suggest an answer