How to add Issue Collectors code to my jira

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2024

Dear all,

I am Jira Data center you have the possibilities to configure Issue Collectors.

This is what I have done as a test but then after clicking on submit, I have copied the code snipet to be added to Jira site.

But, I could not find any place where I could paste that resulting code, any idea ?

I could not find any custom HTML insertion possibilities

thanks for help

regards

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2024

Hi @serge calderara 

Issue Collectors are usually used outside of your Jira instance - for use on external sites, or an intranet (even an internally visible Confluence site)

If users have Jira access already - wouldn't it be easier to let them create issues directly on the platform?

Ste

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2024

hello @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ thanks for your return,

I was just checking what are those and how it works.

So you mean the generated code can be place either on a local comfluence or any company intranet or public web site ?

regards

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2024

Hi @serge calderara 

More often than not, Issue Collectors are used on external sites to gather feedback or allow users to report bugs, etc.

I have seen them used on internal sites on occasion, to allow team members without a Jira license to raise ideas or requests - but more often I see teams using an internal service desk for this instead, such as Jira Service Management

You can see more on Issue Collectors and their uses on this help page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/using-the-issue-collector-938847338.html

Ste

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2024

@Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ thanks for your return, yes I have seen this page.

And yes most of the time I see people using Service management, I was simply wondering on this feature

Thanks anyway

regards

Suggest an answer