Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to Remove Product suggestions to users?

Edited

Need to Turn off automated ads that pop up for end users when then log into Jira or open any of the modules.

I need to Remove that JIRA suggestion to USERS

2 answers

0 votes
Erica Larson Community Leader Aug 05, 2022

@Angélica Luz - it appears your solution is not longer an option in cloud.  I've found this feature request if users are interested in voting for it: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-77071 

0 votes

Hello @Anil kumar kambhampati,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

In order to disable product suggestions, as a Jira administrator, please go to Cog icon > System > General configuration.

At the bottom of the page, there is an option called Turn off product recommendations, so click on it and you will be redirected to another page to confirm it. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 15.47.28.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 15.49.25.png

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Thanks for the Response @Angélica Luz 

I tried the same but that is not working as expected.

I confirmed to Turn off Product suggestions and asked user to do login but still user is receiving suggestions.

Steps followed ->cog icon ->system ->General config-> Turn off Jira Recommendations -> entered reason to turn off -> clicked on confirm.Capture.PNG

Thank you for the details, @Anil kumar kambhampati.

I tested on my local site and I was able to replicate the same issue. 

Based on that, I reopened the bug below since the issue still happens:

Please, click on “This affects my team” and also watch to receive updates from our developer team.

Hi @Angélica Luz ,

is there any way to do the same in Jira Software Data Center? It doesn't appear this option. I want to disable this pop-up for users.

Thanks

Captura.JPG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

An update on Jira Software customer feedback – June 2022

Hello Atlassian Community! Feedback from customers like you has helped us shape and improve Jira Software. As Head of Product, Jira Software, I wanted to take this opportunity to share an update on...

2,786 views 7 24
Read article

Atlassian Community Events