How to Keep WBS Gnatt Chart from requiring a date on new tasks?

Donna McGoldrick March 8, 2022

I just installed WBS Gnatt Chart. Now when users try to create a new task in any project, the task is requiring a start date for the G-Chart. Where to go and what setting do I need to change to make this stop requiring a date?

1 answer

0 votes
Hikaru
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2022

Hello,

Can you upload a screenshot of the behavior? Do you mean you cannot create a task because a start date is required?

Can you change the field from required to option in the field configuration? 

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/specify-field-behavior/#Make-a-field-required-or-optional

Best,
Hal

Donna McGoldrick March 21, 2022

We have projects already created in JIRA. They were working fine until I installed WB Gnatt Chart, which seemed to integrate into every project and is now requiring a Gnatt Chart start date. No everyone wants to use the Gnatt Chart and can't get around the date problem.

Hikaru
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2022

Hello,

Can you remove the field (Start date(WBSGantt)) from the screen? 

Remove_field.png

Suggest an answer