How to Integrate Confluence, JIRA and BitBucket

CK May 11, 2021

We purchased Confluence, JIRA and BitBucket. All these are Atlasssian products, but i don't see a good way to seamlessly integrate these products.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

We want to use Confluence for Requirements Gathering and Project tracking, JIRA for Ticket handling and Development/Testing reporting, BitBucket for Source code.

We want to be able to trace back a deployed code to the original requirement, basically a good backward traceability. 

We use Salesforce as our Dev Platform . We also have AutoRabit. I remember reading somewhere that JIRA can be integrated with Auto Rabit.

I am looking for a White Paper or a sample implementation example if possible.. which explains how all these tools can work together seamlessly

Thanks for all the suggestions/ ideas in advance.

CK

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2021

Hi @CK,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

The integration is already set up for you, so you do not have to do anything special in that remarks.

In Confluence there is a Jira macro that allows you to link Jira issues to Confluence pages. For example, you can use the Product requirement template in Confluence and link that to an Epic in Jira. You can find more information about the integration here, Integrate with Confluence.

The integration between Bitbucket and Jira allows you to create branches directly from the issue in Jira, use smart commits in Bitbucket to transition an issue, and if the issue is mentioned in a commit or part or the Pull Request it will automatically link the issue to Bitbucket. You can also use the Code feature in Jira to get an overview of what is going on in Bitbucket. For more information about the integration, have a look at Integrate with development tools.

CK May 11, 2021

Thanks Mikael. 

I will look into the links you shared. 

Do you also have any articles which explains how Auto Rabit works with JIRA?

We recently launched Auto Rabit for our Dev Ops process.

Our whole Project Dev Lifecycle revolves around Auto Rabit now. 

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2021

Have a look at Autorabit's documentation, https://docs.autorabit.com/4.7/module_2_2_2_1.htm. I also found this in their Knowledge base, https://knowledgebase.autorabit.com/v-21/docs/integrate-jira-with-autorabit

Like CK likes this
CK May 11, 2021

Thanks Mikael.. I will see all those articles. 

CK May 11, 2021

@Mikael Sandberg I had a brief look. All docs look promising. I would also look for any "How To Videos" online. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events