How do you copy a filter from saved filters to quick filters on a board?

jennifer July 9, 2019

I have a board already created based on a filter, and I want to add some quick filters to it using other filters I have also already created in my saved filters. I see no way to do this in the Quick Filters area under Board Configuration. 

Going back and forth between screens, copying and pasting, etc. is really clunky-- e.g. the Atlassian way-- so I'm guessing there isn't anything more efficient, but I figured I'd try to ask around. Is there another way? 

If there's a plug-in for it-- that's not going to work for this issue. It takes way too long to get them approved at my company, paying for them is not an option and getting them installed is beyond messy.  I'm really only looking for solutions with the basic Jira Software toolset. I know that raises the bar, but it's the reality I live with :/

(I'm using Jira 8.0 Software)

1 answer

0 votes
Ste
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2019

Hi @jennifer

You can search in JQL using "filter =".

When in the quick filter screen, type filter = " into the search box and it will bring up a list of saved filters you have access to as suggestions - this will be all filters from across your instance. You can begin to type the name of your filter to reduce the search to your specific need.

Remember to close the query after you locate your filter by putting another " at the end.

Alternatively, you can enter the filter's ID into the search. Each filter has a unique static ID which you can view in the URL of your saved filter. It's usually 5-6 numbers long. You could then enter this in as your quick filter search (eg: filter = "78234").

Ste

Suggest an answer