How do I share files with team members?

Brian Dacier April 12, 2014

I want to create shared files on my project main page, I cannot find anything in the configuration options to do this. Where in the configuration can I set this up?

2 answers

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2014

Jira is not a file sharing system, it's an issue tracker. The project header doesn't have a lot of configurable items, it's mainly for configuring the project. The best you could do off-the-shelf is either say "issue-1 in this project has all the attachments I want to share" or put a url pointer to a file sharing system in the project description text (Most places I've worked have a matching Confluence project and put the information/attachments there)

There's a plugin to provide project level fields, but I'm not sure it includes a way of handling files at a project level.

Deleted user October 10, 2014

I am looking for this same functionality. I just ran into this article and am going to give it a try.

http://blogs.atlassian.com/2013/04/how-to-share-files-with-your-team-using-confluence/

HTH

Pam

Like Fabio Barone likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2014

Yup, that's my "Most places I've worked have a matching Confluence" suggestion.

Like Fabio Barone likes this
0 votes
Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2014

Hi Brian,

The plugin mentioned lets you add project level fields to your JIRA projects. Check out https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.deiser.jira.profields

I am not sure it allows you to add "attachments" to the project as you looking for but you could possible take up this discussion with the vendor of the plugin.

Meanwhile i vote for Nic's suggestion to add a ticket containing the uploaded files for the project and link to it in the project description for example.

Cheers,

// Svante

Suggest an answer