How do I remove current user from a multipicker field on transition?

John O_Sullivan March 9, 2016

Hi,

In JIRA, I've made it possible to assign a single ticket to multiple assignees via a Multi-User Picker custom field (id 10800).

I have a transition in my workflow for assignees to acknowledge via a signature field that they've read the ticket, which works fine.

I'd like, when the current user clicks the button to transition/acknowledge, for them to be removed from the custom multi-user picker field (I presume via a post function to custom field 10800 above) so that only users who HAVE NOT acknowledged remain in that field, and I can then view a report on my dashboard of outstanding assignees for that ticket who haven't acknowledged, not all assignees who were originally assigned.

I did a search online, but could only find the below, which didn't work:

How to remove a user in multipicker user after clicking a transition?

Any help you could provide would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks,

John

5 answers

0 votes
Peter Cselotei - Lupus Consulting Zrt_ November 22, 2018

Hi!

Did ANYBODY find a solution for this? :O

Best: Peter

0 votes
Mark Montminy October 28, 2016

Did you ever find a solution to this? I found this post while searching for a solution.

It seems like it should be doable with ScriptRunner, I'm just not fluent with it.

0 votes
John O_Sullivan March 16, 2016

Can anyone help with this PLEASE?

0 votes
John O_Sullivan March 11, 2016

Hi Lisa,

If too many email notifications is your problem, you can modify these via Admin > Notification Settings.

Now, back to my own problem....can anyone help me with my original query please? Surely there's a post function to remove current user from the custom field when they click the button to transition to the next status in the workflow? Thanks!

0 votes
Lisa Zentz March 10, 2016

John, we have an issue with folks reading tickets, since they receive so many email notifications.  This would be a handy feature.  We're using the agile board/Greenhopper and swimlanes.  When you reference transition, are you referencing a move to another swimlane or reassignment of the ticket?  

Suggest an answer