Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I remove auto logged planning time in tempo list view?

Recently, in the list view in Tempo, whenever a user moves a task on the scrum or kanban board, the system automatically adds a 15 minute "plan time" to the list view.  Is there a way to change a setting so that this doesn't happen? It does not show in the timesheet view.

tempo-time-plan-list-view.PNG

2 answers

Hi @Beth Wilt

With the new Tempo Activity Feed, which has so far just been enabled for a limited number of customers, users can get suggestions for their worklogs. They can then see JIRA issues, Calendar events (Google and Office 365 calendars) or coding activities (when using VS Code) so they can easily log their days work. 
Please take a look at https://help.tempo.io/cloud/en/tempo-timesheets/logging-your-time/logging-time-in-my-work/logging-time-using-the-activity-feed.html for more information.

Information on how to enable / disable the options for each provider (JIRA, Google Calendar, Office 365 Calendar and Visual Studio Code) can be found on https://help.tempo.io/cloud/en/tempo-timesheets/logging-your-time/logging-time-in-my-work/logging-time-using-the-activity-feed/understanding-tempo-automation.html

Best regards,
Susanne Götz
Tempo team

This is more of a nuisance than to actually be helpful 

Like # people like this

How can this be turned off?

It's a nuisance to have extra clicks to remove popups that don't apply. (and I've yet to have one that applies).

Like # people like this

@Susanne Götz ,

Do you have any updates on this?  This is a really jarring update for our team - and the default comments do *not* meet our internal standards for worklogs.  In a way this is making more work for our team because they are questioning what is truly logged, have to delete activity logs to prevent confusion, and are combining logs because so much of it is logged in just .25 increments. 

Is there a way to turn this off - or to test it for just a handful of people within an organization until read to launch internally? 

Thank you so much,
Bridget

Hi @Bridget Maloney ,

There is no option to disable the Tempo Activity Feed globally, but every user can disable the activity cards from individual providers, using the filter icon in their My Work view (https://help.tempo.io/cloud/en/tempo-timesheets/logging-your-time/logging-time-in-my-work/logging-time-using-the-activity-feed/understanding-tempo-automation.html).

Please note that these are not worklogs, only suggestions of items that the user might want to log work on.

Best regards,
Susanne

Like # people like this

Great, thank you so much @Susanne Götz !

We kept looking in the gear/settings to the right of that filter icon and were not trying the Filter itself!  Updating the filter works and hides the activities (for anyone who chooses to) - and I really appreciate how this "sticks" on page reload!

Thank you so much again,
Bridget

this feature is a real nuisance!

Like Phil Abbott likes this

I would make it a Top Priority to disable this thing if i was in Tempo developers.   It's annoying as hell!

Not a fan of this, makes a mess and would be good to turn it off globally.

In my instance, if it would pick up that the user has already logged time on that task, it shouldn't suggest to log more time.

Only in the instance that 0 time was logged on a Done task, should it be suggested to enter time.

Flow for many is probably to log time in the task itself, not on the timesheet somewhere else from where the work gets done..

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Admins, notify your Jira instance of system-wide changes with the new admin announcement banner

Hi All! We’re excited to share the launch of an announcement banner that lets Jira site administrators communicate directly to their users across their  Jira Cloud instance.  ...

527 views 15 17
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you