How do I remove auto logged planning time in tempo list view?

Beth Wilt March 23, 2021

Recently, in the list view in Tempo, whenever a user moves a task on the scrum or kanban board, the system automatically adds a 15 minute "plan time" to the list view.  Is there a way to change a setting so that this doesn't happen? It does not show in the timesheet view.

tempo-time-plan-list-view.PNG

8 answers

5 votes
Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2021

Hi @Beth Wilt

With the new Tempo Activity Feed, which has so far just been enabled for a limited number of customers, users can get suggestions for their worklogs. They can then see JIRA issues, Calendar events (Google and Office 365 calendars) or coding activities (when using VS Code) so they can easily log their days work. 
Please take a look at https://help.tempo.io/cloud/en/tempo-timesheets/logging-your-time/logging-time-in-my-work/logging-time-using-the-activity-feed.html for more information.

Information on how to enable / disable the options for each provider (JIRA, Google Calendar, Office 365 Calendar and Visual Studio Code) can be found on https://help.tempo.io/cloud/en/tempo-timesheets/logging-your-time/logging-time-in-my-work/logging-time-using-the-activity-feed/understanding-tempo-automation.html

Best regards,
Susanne Götz
Tempo team

sanjay singh April 12, 2021

This is more of a nuisance than to actually be helpful 

Like # people like this
Robert Overstreet April 28, 2021

How can this be turned off?

It's a nuisance to have extra clicks to remove popups that don't apply. (and I've yet to have one that applies).

Like # people like this
Bridget Maloney
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2021

@Susanne Götz _Tempo_ ,

Do you have any updates on this?  This is a really jarring update for our team - and the default comments do *not* meet our internal standards for worklogs.  In a way this is making more work for our team because they are questioning what is truly logged, have to delete activity logs to prevent confusion, and are combining logs because so much of it is logged in just .25 increments. 

Is there a way to turn this off - or to test it for just a handful of people within an organization until read to launch internally? 

Thank you so much,
Bridget

Like # people like this
Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 24, 2021

Hi @Bridget Maloney ,

There is no option to disable the Tempo Activity Feed globally, but every user can disable the activity cards from individual providers, using the filter icon in their My Work view (https://help.tempo.io/cloud/en/tempo-timesheets/logging-your-time/logging-time-in-my-work/logging-time-using-the-activity-feed/understanding-tempo-automation.html).

Please note that these are not worklogs, only suggestions of items that the user might want to log work on.

Best regards,
Susanne

Like # people like this
Bridget Maloney
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 24, 2021

Great, thank you so much @Susanne Götz _Tempo_ !

We kept looking in the gear/settings to the right of that filter icon and were not trying the Filter itself!  Updating the filter works and hides the activities (for anyone who chooses to) - and I really appreciate how this "sticks" on page reload!

Thank you so much again,
Bridget

Like # people like this
Administrator August 8, 2021

this feature is a real nuisance!

Like # people like this
Christian de Bellefeuille October 20, 2021

I would make it a Top Priority to disable this thing if i was in Tempo developers.   It's annoying as hell!

Like # people like this
Glyn Davies December 16, 2021

It has to be the most stupid idea, really annoying and time consuming to delete the automated entries,  I must waste so much time on this, it should be off as a default.

Like # people like this
Like Glyn Davies likes this
Cesar Sasaki December 16, 2021

but every user has to do this... 

Like Nathan Cook likes this
Glyn Davies December 16, 2021

OK, using the filter works, thank God for that, almost was about to flat refuse to use it any more lol

Vince Swann June 10, 2022

Filtering is a lame solution. We need the option to disable this or revert to the old activity feed that doesn't do it.

This "feature" angers myself and my whole team on a daily basis.

Like # people like this
2 votes
Oliver Grasl September 26, 2022

this feature has just got even more annoying - I had deactivated the JIRA provider ... but now the worklog suggestions are back and my settings box doesn't give me the option to disable them ... please help me.

I often touch very many tickets in one day ... and I have to click them all away in my calender view.

extremely annoying and not user-friendly at all.

2 votes
Thomas Kekeisen April 4, 2022

This is really annoying. We use an own time tracker to track the work we actually do. There is no room for suggestions since we always known what we work on.

It would be great to get a global switch to turn this off.

1 vote
Tempo Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2022

Hi everyone

We are working on implementing a setting for the Jira activities so that they can be turned off globally. This is currently only available for customers participating in Tempo's Early Access Program but will be released to all customers soon: https://help.tempo.io/cloud/en/tempo-timesheets/logging-your-time/logging-time-with-tempo-automation/enabling-and-disabling-jira-suggestions-in-activity-feed.html

Best regards,
Tempo Support.

1 vote
Shahpar.Allawala August 25, 2022

What were the developers thinking? This is such a confusing feature to have. It makes the calendar view so convoluted. It should be a global turn off setting rather than a personal filter. 

1 vote
Cesar Sasaki November 11, 2021

Hi! Is there anyway to disable this? I'm planning to buy tempo for 100 users but this seemsa annoying!

Amalija Ramljak November 30, 2021

https://help.tempo.io/cloud/en/tempo-timesheets/logging-your-time/logging-time-in-my-work/logging-time-using-the-activity-feed/connecting-and-filtering-your-activity-providers.html

Check the filtering section, you can toggle the "Incomplete activities". They keep pointing to the wrong page in all the answers. The link they provide does have a link to this one that I pasted, but it's pretty indirect given this link is the actual source of information for how to kill it

@Glen Bates for, you, as well :)

Unfortunately, it's only per user, so everyone will have to do it themselves

Like Mihai Schwarz likes this
Sam Ayres April 2, 2024

Even toggling "Incomplete activities" off in the filter doesn't stop it from happening for me. Is anyone else running into this?

1 vote
Glen Bates September 24, 2021

Not a fan of this, makes a mess and would be good to turn it off globally.

In my instance, if it would pick up that the user has already logged time on that task, it shouldn't suggest to log more time.

Only in the instance that 0 time was logged on a Done task, should it be suggested to enter time.

Flow for many is probably to log time in the task itself, not on the timesheet somewhere else from where the work gets done..

0 votes
Derrick Chalom February 14, 2024

I, too am not a fan of this feature. I have suffered under it since it's inception, and simple delete all the suggestions. But recently (Feb 2024), whenever I delete all the suggestions, and switch tabs, when I go back to the timesheet tab, all the suggestions are auto injected again.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events